Large Prospective LCT Pegmatite Field
Midas’ Newington Project comprises of thirteen tenements and tenement applications totaling 316km2 located at the north end of the Southern Cross Greenstone belt. The project area has significant prior gold production as recently as 2005, in 2022 lithium pegmatites were identified.
Midas acquired the project in July 2022 and has subsequently defined priority lithium target zones extending more than 20km strike.
Midas is undertaking further work to delineate drill targets.
Further reading (ASX Announcements):
- 16/01/23 – Lithium-Gold target zones over 20km strike at Newington, WA
- 15/11/22 – Midas Confirms Lithium in Pegmatite Drilling at Newington
- 07/09/22 – Drilling Completed at Midas’ Newington Lithium-Gold Project
- 08/08/22 – High-Grade Lithium Results at Midas Newington Project WA
- 28/07/22 – Midas Defines Strong Lithium Pegmatite Geochemistry
- 02/05/22 – Midas Confirms Lithium Pegmatites at Newington Project
- 04/04/22 – Midas enters Option Agreement to Expand Yilgarn footprint with gold and lithium prospects